Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Giver

I think that our teaching presentation went really well. I think that we were well prepared, and for only having six kids in the class, the discussions were fairly good. I really enjoyed our beginning activity, and i am glad that we were able to do a lot of things the other groups didn't do, especially since we were last to present. However, i think there are some things we could have done better. I think that it would have gone more smoothly if we had practiced the presentation a bit more. We felt that we should all be an equal part, and we didn't want one person to have to take control of any single activity, so we tried to all do a little part of each, even if it was just to ask questions. Speaking of questions, i think that we asked a lot of probing questions to the class, and made them think about the book. I also think that we could have had a lot more to talk about. I believe that we wanted more discussion about the banned book issue, which i was a little disappointed that we didn't get more discussion out of it. Overall i think we did a good job, and our group work really well together. I also like that we only had three group members, which made things easier, just a lot more work.

No comments: