Monday, November 12, 2007

Literature and Lives Ch. 7

I think that this chapter is a good one, but i am not too sure how i feel about it being the last chapter before the conclusion. I think that this chapter would do better after one of the first ones when Webb brought in the speaker. I only feel that way because I feel that a testimonial is the second best thing to getting a real life speaker in your classroom. i would love to use testimonials and or autoenthnographies in my classroom. I also think that they would work really well in a history classroom if the testimonial is by someone who dealt with a historical marker. They give such insight to specific things, just like a speaker would, however this way you can read it over and over again instead of only hearing it once. I also think that these forms of literature can give a very different, and more varied way to think about a specific topic. I didn't really like reading this chapter overall, but I do like the ideas it proposes.

No comments: